Did you spend your lockdown diving into the social media of celebrities?
Or perhaps you binge watched movies and TV series that had previously passed you by. Maybe you revisited your favorite albums or were glued to the latest political sagas as they unfolded.
And although for many, it’s just light-hearted entertainment, pop culture is a way of life for others – with some people constantly checking up on the trending topics and viral moments.
For the most part, you can’t log on to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram these days without seeing the latest gossip circulating your feed, as well as others discussing the hottest shows, most controversial politics and one in a million moments.
Read more: How well do you remember the 90s? Test your knowledge with our 50 question bumper quiz
And as these occurrences have been happening long before the birth of social media, they also show no signs of leaving any time soon – but do you pay attention to the clickbait news and meme machines of social media or do you let it fly over your head ?
As Ferris Bueller famously said: “Life moves pretty fast – if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it,” but how much have you actually missed thus far?
Grab yourself a comfy spot with a pen and paper at the ready – kick back and relax, and get ready to trial our pop culture quiz.
In usual fashion, the answers will be at the bottom of the article. No peeking before you’ve had a crack though!
Meme machine and viral vids:
1) What does the mother say in the famous ‘I’m in my mums car, broom broom’ video?
2) What is the name of the child who famously bit his brother’s finger in one of YouTube’s most watched videos?
3) Who did Chris Crocker want people to ‘leave alone’ in a viral 2007 video?
4) What was the name of the ‘challenge’ in 2015 involving a shot glass and suction?
5) What was the name of the first ever video uploaded to YouTube?
6) The ‘My Name is Jeff’ meme comes from which comedy movie starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum?
7) Which band had a hit with Pork and Beans, with a music video that pays tribute to viral videos of past days?
8) Which breed of dog is the famous ‘Doge’ meme?
9) What song was classically used to ‘Rick Roll’ people?
10) Which gorilla became the talk of the world in 2016 after an incident with a toddler at Cincinnati Zoo?
Netflix with no chill:
1) What is the name of the protagonist in the 2018 Netflix series, ‘You’?
2) Name the 2020 docuseries starring Joe Exotic and Carol Baskin about the world of big cats and kittens.
3) Eleven has the special power of telekinesis in which series?
4) What was the name of the fraudulent festival founded by Billy McFarland and Ja Rule in 2017?
5) What is the name of Michael Scott’s ‘assistant to the regional manager’ in The Office (US)?
6) Simon Leviev is also known as which major catfish?
7) In Squid Game, what is the number of the show’s winner, Seong Gi-hun?
8) And what is his prize for reigning victorious in the show?
9) Making a Murderer tells the story of which Manitowoc County resident?
10) Lady Gaga features in which installation of American Horror Story?
1) Tik-Tok famous track Blinding Lights is sung by which musician?
2) Which singer’s hair famously set on fire while shooting a commercial for Pepsi?
3) The Meet the Barkers reality TV series of 2005 gave viewers a look into the family life of which punk-rock drummer?
4) Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were all a part of which childhood club?
5) Meme song Shooting Stars was composed by which group?
6) Which Irish rock band controversially released their album for free to iTunes users in 2014?
7) Which female singer was James Cordon’s first ever guest on Carpool Karaoke?
8) Who was the first musician to win a prestigious Pulitzer Prize outside of classical or jazz music?
9) Which hip hop rapper was revived in holograph form at the 2012 Coachella music festival?
10) How old was Rebecca Black when her song ‘Friday’ went viral online?
1) What was Donald Trump’s famously reported McDonald’s lunch staple?
2) Which rapper ran for US Presidency in 2020, receiving around 60,000 votes in total?
3) Which Australian politician recently channelled his inner Boris Johnson and rugby tackled a child in a viral clip?
4) Speaking of which, when did Boris participate in Unicef’s Soccer Aid, famously headbutting Maurizio Gaudino in the privates?
5) Which Republican senator did Barrack Obama beat to the presidency in November 2008?
6) Nigel Farage was swilled by a milkshake while campaigning in which UK city?
7) What did Theresa May admit to wrongfully doing through her younger years in a 2017 ITV interview?
8) Which politician was told to ‘sit up’ in Parliament after slouching during a Brexit debate?
9) What is said to have been running down Rudy Giuliani’s face during a 2020 speech?
10) How did the Bigotgate scandal of Gordon Brown come to light in 2010?
1) Donald Trump had ties with which American UFC fighter during his presidency?
2) Which English footballer featured on New Order’s 1990 hit, World in Motion?
3) Which basketballer was reportedly good friends with Kim Jong-un?
4) Whose children did Mike Tyson famously say he wanted to eat in a heated post fight interview?
5) Which Manchester City striker saved the title for his side with a last minute 3-2 win over QRP?
6) In which year did Usain Bolt set a brand-new 100m world record of 9.58 seconds?
7) What substances did Lance Armstrong admit to doping with in 2013?
8) How old was Tiger Woods when he won his first ever Masters in 1997?
9) Who was the first African American to ever play in Major League Baseball?
10) Who did Conor McGregor defeat to become the UFC’s two time champion simultaneously?
1) “Get out my car”
3) Britney Spears
4) The Kylie Jenner lips challenge
5) Me at the zoo
6) 22 Jump Street
8) Shiba Inu
9) Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
1) Joe Goldberg
2) The Tiger King
3) Stranger Things
4) Fyre Festival
5) Dwight Schrute
6) The Tinder Swindler
8) 45.6 billion won
9) Steven Avery
10) Season 5 – Hotel
1) The Weeknd
2) Michael Jackson
3) Travis Barker
4) The Mickey Mouse Club
5) Bag Raiders
7) Mariah Carey
8) Kendrick Lamar
9) Tupac Shakur
1) Two Big Macs, Two Filet-o-Fish sandwiches, and a large chocolate milkshake
2) Kanye West
3) Scott Morrison
5) John McCain
6) Newcastle upon Tyne
7) Running through the fields of wheat
8) Jacob Rees-Mogg
9) Black hair dye
10) His microphone was still attached as he drove off following an interview
1) Colby Covington
2) John Barnes
3) Dennis Rodman
4) Lennox Lewis
5) Sergio Aguero
7) EPO, HGH, and diuretics
9) Jackie Robinson in 1947
10) Eddie Alvarez