Rise and shine, Port Jefferson! Here’s everything you need to know to get this Saturday started right.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy. High: 69, low: 60.
Here are the top 5 stories today in Port Jefferson:
- Port Jeff Brewing features the Concert Series 2022 with the band “Electrix” performing on June 1 at 22 Mill Creek Road. The concert starts at 7 pm (PJCofC)
- Theater Three will play the children’s classic ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ on May 28! Bring the little ones to watch this hysterical story performed by interactive actors! Costumes are encouraged. Tickets are $10 per person. (Theatre Three)
- Long Island Museum Executive Director Neil Watson has announced his plans to retire in October 2022. Watson dedicated nine years of leadership to the museum organizing educational programmes, award-winning ceremonies, and other events to increase museum membership. (@tbrnewsmedia)
- Simons Foundation gifted Stony Brook University with $56.6 million in grants to be invested in STEM careers to benefit underrepresented students. As a result, the university announced the creation of 50 scholarships with an expanding potential. (Patch)
- Nearby News: First responders rescued three dogs and multiple cats from a home that broke into flames in Shirley. On Thursday, the fire happened at Probst Drive at 1:15 pm Firefighters broke through a glass door to rescue the pets hiding under furniture. Police confirm all animals were brought to safety. (Patch)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- dog training at PJFL. (10 am)
- The Comedy Club at Theater Three. (8 pm)
From my notebook:
- On May 9, Port Jefferson Board of Education candidates had the opportunity to address some issues they said would improve in the district if elected. This year, Ellen Boehm, Randi DeWitt, Paul Ryan, and write-in candidate Don Pollard will be running in the BOE election on Tuesday, May 17. (TBR News Media)
- PO’BOY Brewery in Port Jefferson to host a Comic Brew on May 28. A fun evening with hilarious stand-up comedians and beer and cider is the plan! Tickets are $15 per person and include a choice of drink. (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out this Saturday! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.